*Additional Safety Briefing Meeting for Racing Members who have not attended previous meetings *
The Race Committee has been busily working away over the last number of weeks to put together a full programme of racing events for 2020.
As has been the case for the last number of years, we will be holding a Race Safety Briefing Day for all racing members where race safety protocols will be presented, as well as the opportunity to collect numbers, and membership cards, and information on the race calendar and marshalling rosters will be available also.
The Safety Briefing is an important aspect of the IVCA Risk Management procedures, and forms an essential part of the documentation and obligations of the IVCA under its policies, in particular with regard to its Insurances policies held. The aim of the Safety Briefing is to ensure that the following topics are covered per the following agenda:
– That the Rules of the Road are to be observed at all times
– Responsible riding by all participants in all events
– the role of the Marshalls
– That all riders are riding under disclaimer, as stated in the application forms for joining the IVCA. All riders are electing to participate in any event entirely at their own risk.
– that documentation of attendees at the Safety Briefing meetings be retained, such documentation being evidence that all attendees have received adequate notification and awareness of the risks and their responsibilities when participating in any IVCA event
The Safety Briefing will take place on:
Sunday 8th March in the Springfield Hotel, Leixlip, Co. Kildare, at 2.30 pm.
If you have not attended one of the 2 previous safety meetings then you must attend the above.
All members will be required to sign in, and under no circumstances shall members be allowed to pick up another member’s race pack.
As our members will appreciate, given the very large increase in premium, attaining insurance cover for the IVCA for this year has been both an expensive and difficult process. The Safety Briefing is an important obligation for members to fulfil in connection with our insurance cover, and for this reason, any racing member who fails to attend a Safety Briefing in advance of the commencement of the season may have their licence and membership revoked.
Race numbers/packs can only be collected at this event. They will not under any circumstances be distributed on the morning of the first race. Remember – no race number, no race.
The Race Committee would be grateful if you could please make your fellow race members aware of this event.
All queries to the Race Committee please – email@example.com